Saturday, March 8, 2008

introductory paragraph and cover letter

I decided to apply for work at SV Microwave Company as an industrial process engineer. SV is a leader in the RF microwave industry and is the best in the world at engineered solutions to customer problems. They design and manufacture RF connectors, cable assemblies, attenuators and terminations. Their products are used in the defense, satellite, aerospace and telecommunication industries where performance, reliability and durability matter. SV received the Navy’s highest award given to a civilian company for the quality of the products that were supplied to the Integrated Warfare Systems. SV was also awarded the South Florida Manufacturers Association 2005 Manufacturer of the Year. The position is that of an industrial process engineer and seeing that my qualities fit the job description and the fact that the company resides in Florida and that I’ve always wanted to live there, I decided to apply for it. I believe my knowledge could put to good use there and although I have no experience, I could acquire a lot and the benefit package seems appealing.





Av. 15J La Trinidad,
Villa Delicias,
Maracaibo,
Zulia,
Venezuela.
58-412-555-0303
March 10, 2008.
Mr. Archie Weatherby
SV Microwave an Amphenol company.
2400 Centrepark West Dr,
West Palm Beach,
FL 33409.
Dear Mr. Weatherby,
My outgoing personality, my sales experience, and my recently completed education make me a strong candidate for a position as an Industrial Process Engineer for SV Microwave Company.
I recently graduated from URBE (university of Rafael Belloso) with a degree in industrial engineering, and a thesis in manufacturing methods.
Although a recent graduate, I am certain I could give you valuable assistance in manufacturing methods and costs systems. I also have excellent analytical and IT skills.
I have the maturity, skills, and abilities to embark on a career in industrial process engineering, and I'd like to do this in Florida.
I will be in California at the end of this month, and I'd like very much to talk with you concerning a position at SV Microwave. I will follow up this letter with a phone call to see if I can arrange a time to meet with you.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Sincerely,
Ayman Dabian.

No comments: